YouTube has opened up a new tier in its partnerships program (YPP), enabling eligible YouTubers in Ireland to activate fan-funding features known as Super Chat, Super Thanks, Super Stickers, and channel memberships.
This is a significant development for Irish YouTubers, as it will give them more ways to monetize their content and connect with their fans. A study by Radius found that over 3000 channels in Ireland have more than 10,000 subscribers, which is an increase of 15% over last year.
The new fan-funding features are:
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: These features allow viewers to purchase brightly colored, pinned chat messages and stickers during live streams and Premieres hosted by creators.
- Super Thanks: This is an easy way for viewers to give back and show appreciation for creators and their content. Viewers can send colorful comments with Super Thanks, which stand out in the comments section.
- Channel memberships: This feature allows viewers to join a creator’s channel through monthly payments. Paying viewers receive members-only perks like badges, emoji, and more.
If all of that sounds good and you’re a creator in Ireland, you’ll need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for fan funding:
- 500 subscribers
- 3 public uploads in the last 90 days
- Either 3,000 watch hours in the last 365 days or 3 million Shorts views in the last 90 days
- No active Community Guidelines strike
Creators can access the new fan-funding features through the “Earn” tab in YouTube Studio. If a creator is eligible to apply for the new tier, they will see a notification in the tab, and they will also get an automatic email that may take up to four weeks to roll out.
The new fan-funding features offer a number of benefits to Irish YouTubers, including:
- More ways to monetize content: The new fan-funding features give creators more ways to make money from their content, in addition to the revenue they receive from advertising and YouTube Premium.
- More ways to connect with fans: The new fan-funding features offer creators new ways to connect with their fans and build stronger relationships with them.
- More opportunities for creativity: The new fan-funding features give creators more opportunities to be creative and experiment with new ways to engage with their fans.
The launch of the new fan-funding features in Ireland is a significant development for Irish YouTubers. These features will give creators more ways to monetize their content, connect with their fans, and be creative.
Overall, the launch of the new fan-funding features is a positive development for Irish YouTubers. These features offer a number of benefits that can help creators grow their channels, increase their earnings, and gain more recognition.